Context: Aspers is a premier entertainment destination for all local and international visitors. We provide patrons with a broad choice of gaming options, restaurant and bar hospitality, live entertainment and other leisure offerings to meet their expectations.
Our purpose: To surprise and delight our customers through quality customer interaction in an environment that allows all staff to contribute to the success of the business.
Job Purpose Statement:
Aspers Guest Relations Hosts ensure all customers enjoy a positive, informative and engaging service delivery experience. The role supports the key business strategies by optimising patron spend and data analysis through delivery of an engaging and compliant customer experience. The role also supports the managers and security in the door control element of the operations.
Reports to: Guest Relations Manager
Suggested Measures of Performance
1. Customer Service Ensure that guests enjoy a positive experience through meeting service standards.
- Commitment to delivering a customer service experience which is in line with the Company service values
- Awareness and consistent delivery of the Aspers Customer Service Charter
- Consistently delivers an appropriately tailored commentary and service experience to every guest
- Demonstrates Loyalty programme knowledge
- Is a role model in displaying positive professional behaviours
- Develops ability to build internal customer relationships
- Shows knowledge and delivers the promotion and upselling of Aspers service products including marketing campaigns
- Support the security function and management functions in displaying awareness and a proactive approach to door control.
2. Dept Responsibilities Ensures that the Guest Relations/Cloakroom offering is compliant with business expectation.
- Full accountability for the operation of department whilst on shift
- Maximise data collection efficiency by ensuring service provided is in line with Company standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of rules, processes and department equipment functionality
- Shows understanding of conflict management by supporting security and management in the confident and appropriate resolution of department disputes in line with Company policy and procedures.
- Support the GR Supervisor in the accurate submission of operational administration (Aspire New Customer report; cigarette stocktake; staff co-ordination).
3. Teamwork Delivers a professional and ethical working culture applied appropriately across a diverse workforce and customer base.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team with both operational staff and managers
- Has the ability to both reactively and proactively manage customer situations
- Shows acute understanding of expected professional behaviours and personal presentation
- Supports the productivity of the department through the understanding and delivery of door control; marketing campaigns; loyalty schemes; customer service and the business goals of the department
- Positively supports cultural change
- Contributes to a positive employee satisfaction environment
- Shows ability and the integrity to work without direct supervision.
4. Compliance Minimise risk to business and self by ensuring operations are carried out in accordance with legislative regulations.
- Understands the importance and responsibilities of maintaining Loyalty Programme conditions
- Daily demonstrates legislative compliance, adherence to and knowledge of:
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Anti-Money Lending
- Data Protection
- Health & Safety
Skills and Knowledge
Entry Requirements: Applicants for this role must demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 12 months customer service experience
- Extensive knowledge of casino or similar operation and an understanding of Casino and Hospitality industry
- Excellent grasp of customer services principles with a flair for the execution of initiatives.
- Understanding of Aspers products; services and facilities.
SIA license holder
- Customer Focused
- Confident in decision making
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability for independent working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Is a team player
- Individual of highest integrity
- Able to self-motivate
- Organised and efficient approach to work
- Pays attention to detail
Prior to being considered for progression opportunities (including transfers, non-core training, project work, or promotion) employees must demonstrate the following in the current role:
- Minimum 12 months experience in current role
- Minimum PES score of 3
- Exceptional time and attendance records
Note that fulfilment of these criteria does not guarantee a progression opportunity, but is a prerequisite for applications.
The Guest Relations Host role forms part of a 7 day 24 hour operation, as such flexibility is required by the incumbent. There is a minimum expectation that the role will work shifts and this means evening and weekend obligations outside of “normal” working hours.
Aligned to Gambling Legislation, all applicants must be aged 18 or over to work at Aspers.